Now that Song of Blood is out, I was reminiscing about how this book came to be, and I realized there are some juicy little tidbits about its creation that readers might enjoy knowing.
Before we get to that, two orders of business!
First, Mates and Mayhem is out now! This anthology includes TWELVE books and includes the Junkyard Shifters prequel novella, Filthy Vandal. Click here for the universal link.
Second, Filthy Beast is 99 cents everywhere! For the universal link, click here.
Now for those fun facts about Song of Blood!
- Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs
- They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions)
- Lysander’s name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript
- The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue
- While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it “the Skyza book”
- The book was finished before they realized Avery didn’t have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she’s a Pride & Prejudice fan
- Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord
- Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza’s other coauthor) designed the cover
- The “real” Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of “My Favorite Things” that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye’s battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke
- Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha
- A placeholder title on their Google doc read “Avery’s Epic Vandemic Tale”
- While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English
If you haven’t yet gotten your copy and you’d like to snuggle up with three supernatural hotties and fight bad guys, click here for the universal link, or here for the individual links on my site. <3