- Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs
- They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions)
- Lysander’s name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript
- The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue
- While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it “the Skyza book”
- The book was finished before they realized Avery didn’t have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she’s a Pride & Prejudice fan
- Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord
- Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza’s other coauthor) designed the cover
- The “real” Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of “My Favorite Things” that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye’s battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke
- Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha
- A placeholder title on their Google doc read “Avery’s Epic Vandemic Tale”
- While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English
I’m so excited because a new book came out on Saturday and it is extremely fun!
My friend Skye MacKinnon and I teamed up to write a reverse harem series featuring a siren and the three hotties who fall for her. It’s a post-apocalyptic paranormal setting, full of adventure and steam.
The origin story of this novel is one of my favorite parts about it! While Skye and I were messaging on Facebook back in April, feeling sad about the pandemic and having to shelter in place, Skye sent me an intriguing paragraph about a girl trying to find toilet paper at the store during a “Vandemic”–a vampire apocalypse.
I messaged back, continuing the story, and we went on like that for days before realizing we had a novel in the works. 🙂
Y’all know how I ❤ my big cat shifters. Those giant kitties are fierce sweethearts. With the help of some author friends, I’ve gathered together a great selection of big cat shifters for you to check out!
Each of these books is available at multiple retailers, so tap the title and author (not the book covers!) for the universal link!
Filthy Alpha, by Liza Street. Fake mates? Or fated mates? These two unlikely lovers have to figure it out while dangerous forces stalk their territory.
Pride of Africa, by Tori Knightwood. Pride of Africa and Night Spots are workplace romances with exotic settings that will make you want to buy a one-way ticket to Africa. These steamy stand-alones feature a billionaire lion shifter and a charming leopard shifter who find their happily-ever-afters.
Catnip Assassins, Books 1-4, by Skye MacKinnon. Assassin. Private Investigator. Cat shifter. Books 1-4 in the action-packed Catnip Assassins urban fantasy series, together in one volume for the very first time!
Saving Jace by Rebecca Rivard. Shifters. Dark fae. And a human who’s more than she seems…
Tiger Crown by Laura Greenwood. Newly arrived at Sabre Woods Academy, the last thing on Kayra’s mind is the Tiger Throne. But when events unfold that put the tiger shifter centre-stage, she has no choice but to compete to win the Tiger Crown.
Change in the Light by Tami Lund. Shifter pack master Josh doesn’t know his human lover is using him. Rachel doesn’t know he isn’t human. When their hearts become entangled and two worlds collide, it’s anybody’s guess where the pieces will fall and who will survive.
❤ I hope you’ve found some new favorites in this list! Feel free to share others you like in the comments so other readers can enjoy them, too!
The Alphas & Alchemy: Fierce Mates series (orrrr the Forbidden Shifters series, as we call it for short) is now complete, all on Amazon, and on SALE!
It is extremely satisfying to have all the books out and in one place. They’re a lot silly, a lot steamy, and absolutely stuffed with shifters and magic and all kinds of funny shenanigans!
The first three books, Claimed in Forbidden, Fated in Forbidden, and Bound to Forbidden are on sale for 99 cents apiece! This sale applies in the US and the UK. (Sorry, Amazon doesn’t allow Kindle Countdown sales in other countries. 😦 )
You can start here with Claimed in Forbidden, which is Book 1.
Universal Link (for other Amazon stores)
Filthy Alpha, Jase and Blythe’s story, is out now!
Writing these two was such a blast–I haven’t written a fake relationship story before (umm…that I can remember! Correct me if I’m wrong!) and watching these two finally get over their hang-ups and go for it was immensely satisfying! Jase is just a great guy all around, and Blythe’s prickly exterior is her only defense to protect her very tender heart.
Anyway, I hope y’all love these two characters as much as I do!