THESE GUYS. I love them. It only took me a few days to blaze through Season 1, and the same went for Season 2. Here’s what I love about the show:
1. It’s inspirational. This show makes me want to do better–not just with my appearance, but with my personal relationships and my work.
2. You can feel their appreciation, respect, and love for each other–and for the person they’re making over. Nothing else to say on this one–watch for yourself and you’ll see that in spades.
3. Their tact…and sometimes lack of it. It takes a really strong sense of self-knowledge and knowledge of others to know when to restrain oneself, and know when to tell it like it is. I think, for the most part, these guys have mastered that art. Each episode, they make over someone new, and sometimes they have to voice strong opinions. Other times, they slowly warm up the person they’re helping.
4. The eye candy! And I’m not just talking about the guys (who are all nice to look at) but the food, the makeovers themselves, the clothes, the newly-designed spaces.
5. It makes the world better. Yeah, I never thought I’d say that about anything reality television-esque, but what this show is doing for tolerance and respect really impresses me. I come away from an episode wanting to hug the whole world and tell us all that it will be okay, that we will be okay. Because I have to believe that. And shows like this make it a little more possible. <3