Join the Wolf Pack on a free run! Filthy Beast is included in this collection of free paranormal romance books, along with many other delicious reads! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway. 😉 Tap the image below to go, or click here.
- Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs
- They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions)
- Lysander’s name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript
- The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue
- While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it “the Skyza book”
- The book was finished before they realized Avery didn’t have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she’s a Pride & Prejudice fan
- Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord
- Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza’s other coauthor) designed the cover
- The “real” Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of “My Favorite Things” that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye’s battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke
- Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha
- A placeholder title on their Google doc read “Avery’s Epic Vandemic Tale”
- While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English
Filthy Beast is out now! What?! I’m super excited about this one.
“That’s it, my beautiful Lena,” he whispered, then took her mouth in a kiss so hot, she thought she was melting from the inside. “I’m going to show you what it means to be mine.”
A little story from behind the scenes–I was wrecked by a couple parts in this book. Tear-my-heart-up, then sew-it-back-together wrecked. There was this one part, and I won’t spoil it by telling you what it was, that I knew was coming and I wasn’t sure I’d be able to write. I kept having second thoughts, because I just did NOT want it to happen.
But, happen it did. And like all painful things, it helped the characters grow.
But damn. It was hard!
We are so close to Filthy Beast‘s release, and I am so eager to see this book out in the world! Carter and Lena were so tough on each other at first–especially Lena, coming from a situation that had taught her not to trust anyone–especially not anyone with violent tendencies. And Carter, well. He liked to fight.
If you haven’t preordered your copy yet, I suggest you get it now! I don’t want you to miss out on the preorder sale. Tap the cover below for the link. ❤
“I’ll stay and keep watch,” Carter said.
“No, thanks. I’ll be fine. You can go,” she said. It was a struggle to keep her voice even and light. “Goodnight.”
Her heart ached as he shifted into his bear and walked off into the wet woods, but in the end, neither of them had a claim on the other, and fate seemed to want to keep it that way.