- Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs
- They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions)
- Lysander’s name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript
- The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue
- While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it “the Skyza book”
- The book was finished before they realized Avery didn’t have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she’s a Pride & Prejudice fan
- Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord
- Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza’s other coauthor) designed the cover
- The “real” Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of “My Favorite Things” that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye’s battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke
- Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha
- A placeholder title on their Google doc read “Avery’s Epic Vandemic Tale”
- While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English
I’m so excited because a new book came out on Saturday and it is extremely fun!
My friend Skye MacKinnon and I teamed up to write a reverse harem series featuring a siren and the three hotties who fall for her. It’s a post-apocalyptic paranormal setting, full of adventure and steam.
The origin story of this novel is one of my favorite parts about it! While Skye and I were messaging on Facebook back in April, feeling sad about the pandemic and having to shelter in place, Skye sent me an intriguing paragraph about a girl trying to find toilet paper at the store during a “Vandemic”–a vampire apocalypse.
I messaged back, continuing the story, and we went on like that for days before realizing we had a novel in the works. 🙂
Y’all know how I ❤ my big cat shifters. Those giant kitties are fierce sweethearts. With the help of some author friends, I’ve gathered together a great selection of big cat shifters for you to check out!
Each of these books is available at multiple retailers, so tap the title and author (not the book covers!) for the universal link!
Filthy Alpha, by Liza Street. Fake mates? Or fated mates? These two unlikely lovers have to figure it out while dangerous forces stalk their territory.
Pride of Africa, by Tori Knightwood. Pride of Africa and Night Spots are workplace romances with exotic settings that will make you want to buy a one-way ticket to Africa. These steamy stand-alones feature a billionaire lion shifter and a charming leopard shifter who find their happily-ever-afters.
Catnip Assassins, Books 1-4, by Skye MacKinnon. Assassin. Private Investigator. Cat shifter. Books 1-4 in the action-packed Catnip Assassins urban fantasy series, together in one volume for the very first time!
Saving Jace by Rebecca Rivard. Shifters. Dark fae. And a human who’s more than she seems…
Tiger Crown by Laura Greenwood. Newly arrived at Sabre Woods Academy, the last thing on Kayra’s mind is the Tiger Throne. But when events unfold that put the tiger shifter centre-stage, she has no choice but to compete to win the Tiger Crown.
Change in the Light by Tami Lund. Shifter pack master Josh doesn’t know his human lover is using him. Rachel doesn’t know he isn’t human. When their hearts become entangled and two worlds collide, it’s anybody’s guess where the pieces will fall and who will survive.
❤ I hope you’ve found some new favorites in this list! Feel free to share others you like in the comments so other readers can enjoy them, too!
The past couple of months have blessed me with good books! They’re listed in the text below in case images don’t work for you.
You can view each of these as a recommendation–I enjoyed them all!
1. Prime Minister, by Ainsley Booth and Sadie Haller. Contemporary romance. This was a re-read.
2. Wings of Time and Fate, by Skye MacKinnon. YA fantasy.
3. Smut, by Karina Halle. Contemporary romance. This was a re-read.
4. The Vampire Diaries, Book 1: The Awakening, by LJ Smith. YA paranormal romance. This was also a re-read.
5. Wicked Fall, by Sawyer Bennett. Contemporary romance.
I have a new bear shifter hitting the ebook shelves on November 19th, so it’s high time I rounded up some sexy bear shifters to share here on the blog!
Ruthless Rogue by Liza Street
Here’s that pre-order I was talking about. 😉
With an appetite like his, one night is never enough. A quiet bookstore owner and a possessive grizzly shifter are thrown together during a battle for a rare book.
Pre-order from Apple Books, B&N, or Amazon (Kobo and Google Play coming soon)!
Riverwood by Keira Blackwood
Secrets, lies, passion, and murder. A small town sheriff meets her match when a huge grizzly enforcer comes to town posing as a federal agent. She thinks he wants her case, but all he really wants is her.
Savanna Bear by Tori Knightwood
A serial monogamist. A buff photographer. Her experience and his muscles might just make magic.
Fate of Four by Ariel Marie
One powerful witch. Three alpha bears determined to possess her. They would do anything to protect her–even if it means war.
Her Unbearable Protector by Reina Torres
The head of Orsino Security was hired to protect her for a week. Instead, his bear wants to claim her forever.
Bearly Mated by C.D. Gorri
He’s an artist, she’s a doctor, can their worlds mix long enough for them to be mated?
Bear in Mind by Kate Rudolph
Grizzly shifter Derek Lacroix loves his mountain hideaway, but he doesn’t love being alone all the time. When a curvy little human comes across him in his bear form, it doesn’t take Derek long to realize she could be his mate. But how can he explain his hidden nature in a world that doesn’t know shifters exist? And what will he do when he finds out she has secrets of her own?
Rescued by Bears by Skye MacKinnon
Rescued by Bears is a full-length reverse harem novel featuring one sassy heroine and four sexy bear shifters (including a polar bear!). Prepare for strong alpha males with a trace of vulnerability, an epic quest, Viking beards, very steamy scenes, Scottish landscapes, Celtic mythology and a post-apocalyptic setting.
Forbidden Mate by Cecilia Lane
When Leah learns a secret she was never meant to discover, bear shifter Callum must keep her captive to protect his clan.
All the Bears!
Well, I know my TBR list grew a bunch as I looked over these bear shifter books–I hope yours did, too! There are even more bear shifter books out there, though, so if you have a favorite, give it a shout-out in the comments! I’ll also be putting together more of these round-ups in the future. ❤